The walk back home....

Tokyo is a very nice place.It has been the best place I have ever been to in my short life span.Its better than the place where I took my first breath,the same place where I hope to take my last.No doubt,Tokyo has been good to me so far.But my world is some place else.The world that I don't wanna share with anybody.
This is dedicated to my family and my buddies who mean the world to me.


The dawn of the dusk and I trudged to my place,
Bemused slow steps set the soul to race,
These steps looked so far and forlorn,
As far as my heart that stayed at home.

Each step it sounds familiar and heard,
even if they were unseen unspoken unheard,
These old steps that each day woke my sleep,
& stopped by me as each night would creep.

(Walking down this alien road...)
Lost in my thoughts, I had a fumble,
Hold me dear friend, before I crumble,
You were the one who was seldom harsh,
Trust you blind, you are never a farce.

(Walking down this alien road...)
Lost in thoughts,I bumped into Mr. John,
The look in his eyes were full of scorn,
In my land,they would care a damn,
even if you were run over by a tram.

(As I walked to my door...)
For the keys in the bag,my fingers slid,
The soul was lost in the chirp of a kid
The smile that took my gloom in its stride...
Sigh!! but a Dark silence awaits me inside.
The cold of the door knob, it sometimes killed,
The warmth had long died,my place served chilled.

The world here is aplenty and sauve,
But nothing for me to be in awe,
Not that was I born with a silver spoon,
(the one that fed this kid,)
It shines no less, though its a humble spoon.

When I hit the bed, the soul felt,
the ice could wait before it melt,
tears could freeze,even if its a crime,
for there is some more time till its time.


As an afterthought...

when friends say distance breaks many a heart,
And strains of time stretch the STRINGS apart,
these STRINGS that bind my heart as one,
the ones these strains could never sway,
are the ones that drive these strains away.

5 comments:

  david santos

January 13, 2008 at 4:20 AM

Good work, Ravi. Thank you.

have a good weekend

  M2J

January 13, 2008 at 8:12 PM

Gr8 :)

  Binesh

January 15, 2008 at 5:01 PM

Wonderful man, simbbbblyyy grt! You hav grown a long way with ur poems..

  Binesh

January 15, 2008 at 5:01 PM

This comment has been removed by the author.
  Born Of The Mind

January 21, 2008 at 11:57 AM

achha likh raha hai dost ... shayad yehi mujhe bhi protsahan dega likhne ke liye... !