The Hunter and A Free Bird

The first one are some amazing thoughts I came across,the attitude this cut-throat competition in today's lives demands.

Wrapped in silence
The forest looks still
Do not be fooled
Life lurks within

Everything that lives in it
Is a predator or a prey
Be the sly agile hunter
And you live another day

Eat or be eaten
The laws here say
Bloodshed isn’t uncommon
A small price to pay

Ravish the warm blood
Success has a sweet taste
No ethics or guilt here
It’s your survival at stake

So sharpen your senses
And live for the day
Have no regrets
Slay or be slayed.

_____________________________________

Even though I could agree with it no less, the free spirit in me thinks otherwise.
These are my personal thoughts.

The world I roam
It’s a crab culture,
For every prey,
There is a vulture.

Tough is the world
But I care not.
Live n let live…
Even if it’s hot

Spew some blood around
To win at any cost?
Nah!! Even if I lose
I have not lost

As sweet as the success,
Is the fun on the way,
Friends galore I meet,
With each I dance n sway.

Am I the strongest?
I care a damn
Happy-go-lucky,
Is what I am…

In this brutal war,
I may be slayed,
I would have no regrets,
For I lived my day!

4 comments:

  Binesh

January 21, 2008 at 6:39 PM

Is life a war?
I don't see it that way
Roses or thorns, maybe..
But no bullets come your way.

Spare a thought for the lesser children,
Who don't eulogize their fight,
A peep into their lives,
and your life would feel just right.

  Ravi

January 21, 2008 at 8:53 PM

@Binesh...
that's an awesome thought buddy...u come up with such amazing words and an even wonderful thought, that the actual post pales in comparison.Keep coming up with such lines again n again. :) U r a better poer than me :P

  Unknown

January 22, 2008 at 9:11 AM

dost..amazing thoughts ..love the way u put it..keep it up buddy...!!

  Binesh

January 22, 2008 at 1:36 PM

No yaar..i m no poer n all..just thght i wud pen my thghts in ur style..ur poem was very good..like i said u hav come a long way.
Just wanted to convey that we tend to romanticize our minor probs when there are ppl who hav bigger n real issues in life.
But on the flip side, ur poem reflects ur personality..full of optimism n 'happy-go-lucky' attitude. Wud never forget the only time i saw u panic big time, in the bus while goin to enroll in RGIT ;)